- I love to sing with my kids. They tell me I have a beautiful voice (but I don't) 5-6 year olds are the BEST!
- You can NEVER have enough glue sticks or sharpened pencils.
- My custodian is my savior and the BEST friend to Theordora (my guinea pig). He brings her treats and talks to her daily.
- Nothing controls student behavior better than true engagement. When my students are engaged, behavior problems disappear.
- A related one... when my students are rowdy, it is usually my fault. I can blame it on the weather, but when I look within my teaching, I usually find the answer.
- A Mohawk on a student is usually a sign of things to come... watch out!
- If I got paid by the hour, I doubt I would make minimum wage. However, I would do it for free (don't tell my administration this).
- A pencil box WILL fall on the floor every 30 minutes or less.
- The naughtiest children are the ones I miss the most at the end of the year.
- This is the best job EVER!
Saturday, March 26, 2011
10 Things I Know About Teaching Linky Party
Jennifer at Rowdy in First Grade is hosting a Linky Party. Here are things I "think" I know: